St Saviour’s Primary RC School
Close Menu
Enrolment Procedures

Glasgow City Council has 172 primary schools spread throughout all areas of the city, including one school specialising in Gaelic Medium education. All schools - with the exception of the Gaelic School - have local catchment areas

Parents should take their children to the appropriate local primary school. Birth certificates must be produced, together with proof of residence (e.g. utility bill or child tax credit form).

How parents/guardians should enrol their children:

¨       Entry into a primary school within the city takes place once a year in August

¨       Your child will automatically be admitted to school at that time if their fifth birthday falls between 1 March of the same year and the last day of February of the following year

¨       Parents/Guardians whose child's fifth birthday falls after the first day of the start of the new term may choose to defer their child's entry into school until the following August

¨       Parents/guardians whose child's fifth birthday falls after the last day of February may apply for an early entry into school and in those circumstances the child would require to undergo an assessment

How do I enrol my child for school?
Registration for entry into primary one will take place in January of each year. An advert will be placed in the local press giving details

How do I know what school my child should attend?
Each school has a defined catchment area and if you are unsure you should contact your local school, the education offices or use the online facility

What if I do not wish my child to attend the local school?
If you do not wish your child to attend the local school the Education (Scotland) Act 1980 (as amended) allows parents/guardians to submit a placing request for a school of their choice. However, you MUST register your child for education at the local school before submitting a placing request

How do I submit a placing request?
If you wish to submit a placing request for your child to attend a school other than the local school, you should register your child at your local school. Thereafter you can obtain an application form from:

¨       Head teacher of the local school where you registered

¨       Education Offices

¨       Online Placing Request available at

Parents should note that if they apply and are successful for a placing request into a particular primary school, the child would not automatically transfer to the associated secondary school.